Longtime WAX Nation citizen Lance asked a question yesterday, having re-watched the New MCS videos from back in the spring and summer of 2013 – and that question was, do some slightly differing models of the MCS Golf Swing fit others better?
After re-watching some of the New MCS intro video, “The Formula,” I’d have to say, if you’re following an MCS model from the New MCS to the current one, you really aren’t doing much differently at all.
The current MCS model is the culmination of what I began all the way back in the winter of ’12-’13, when I began to build my 1st golf swing model based upon not what someone else said about the swing, but on my own research and thoughts on motion and leverage.
In fact, take a quick look at some clip compilations from “New MCS – The Formula,” and you’ll see how I was saying over 5 years ago what I’m still saying now:
- Beginning – The Concept Of The C7
- 1:00 – The “Kinetic Chain” Concept!
- 1:32 – The “Leaning A” Concept For The 1st Time In MCS
- 1:55 – The Driver – Positive Angle of Attack With The “Leaning A”
- 2:00 – Standard Stance With All Clubs & The Reason
- 2:25 – The Swing Bottom
- 2:45 – “Leading Side Leverage,” Forerunner To The Primary Lever
- 2: 57 – The Gravity “Drop”
- 3:15 – “Leaning A” & Proper Pivot – Forerunner To The “Perfect Pivot”
- 3:30 – Stable C7 & Leverage
- 3:55 – Why Any Swing Model With Center or Left-Bias Is Flawed
- 4:15 – 1st Glimpse Of What Becomes The “One Major Move!”
That’s right – I was stunned to see the precursors of what became standard concepts in current MCS Golf Swing model all the way back in a 2013 video of mine, the 1st video I had made with my own research and conclusions, no less!
The only issues I have with the New MCS model, to be exact, are with the exact particulars of the stance and the varying alignments with the different clubs, neither of which are in the above clip.
This is because in the following years, I’ve refined the stance and figured out that you don’t have to vary your alignment with the different clubs.
So, the long answer to Lance’s question from yesterday is that the previous iterations of the MCS Golf Swing model may not be as advanced as the current model.
However, anything to do with the MCS model from the New MCS in 2013 going forward would be better than any other type of swing model you could possibly use, and for the reasons given in that clip compilation.
Back Pain or Back Injury Swinging a Golf Club?
Lacking Power, Speed, Distance and or Consistency?
Need A Swing That Is More Easily Maintained?
If You Answered “Yes” To Any Of The Above Questions, The Answer Is In The Formula For The Golf Swing: